3 Practical Ways Bloggers Can Generate Affiliate Sales
Are you having trouble making money on your blog?
Or maybe you are getting customers or clients and you'd like another income stream.
Well, whatever it is, you're interested in making money with affiliate marketing. So, you've come to the right place.
Without it, I'm just another blogger.
So. In this post, I will show you the 3 strategies that can boost your affiliate income.
Here's what to expect...
- First, I'll talk about what affiliate marketing is and how it works.
- Then, I'll show you the first, second, and third ways on how to make money with affiliate marketing.
- And finally, we'll wrap it all up.
So let's get started.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
When you earn money by promoting or recommending someone else's product or service.
Think of it as a relationship between 3 people:
- The Product Owner
- The Affiliate
- The Customer
Let me break it down...
- The Product Owner opens up an affiliate program.
- The Affiliate sees a quality product and joins the affiliate program.
- The Product Owner accepts The Affiliate.
- The Affiliate markets the product, sharing his affiliate link.
- The Customer hears about the great product, searches for information, and lands on The Affiliate's site.
- The Customer likes what he sees and decides to click the affiliate link.
- The Customer buys the product, The Affiliate gets a percentage of the sale (commission).
Now that we got that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff...
3 Ways You Can Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
Write Product Reviews
Not using this strategy was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.
Product reviews are one of the best ways you can convert visitors into affiliate sales.
But if you don't do them properly, you might as well just forget about it and spend your time on something else.
So how do you write a product review that converts?
I'll tell you...
But first, I want to talk about the big mistake a lot of affiliates make with their reviews...
NOT giving value.
Here's the deal:
A lot of affiliates these days, all they do is copy and rewrite the content from the product's sales page and the tons of other reviews online.
All they do is tell their readers how good the product is without even knowing, first hand, how the product really is.
And that's just lazy. Not helpful to the reader.
So what do you?
1) You'll have to show proof that it works.
2) You'll have to put it together in a way that the reader will find it easy to read.
3) You'll have to be unique and unbiassed.
4) You'll have to [strategically] place your affiliate link in places where your readers will most likely click.
But most importantly, give them a long, detailed review of the product they're so interested in.
Examples of Quality Product Reviews
Here's a detailed step-by-step guide on writing reviews:
- How to Write Product Reviews That Sell - Authority Hacker
Create a Product Comparison Review
Comparisons are very similar to product reviews. In fact, they're basically reviews. Only about multiple products.
And from my research, people search for product comparisons almost as much as product reviews.
Don't believe me? Here's some proof:
That's pretty good, huh?
Here's one more from Quora, a popular QnA site:
How do you write comparison posts that convert into affiliate sales?
I recently published a detailed, step-by-step guide on this. You can check it out here:
Publish a Resources Page
The Resources Page is probably the easiest piece of quality content you could ever create for your site.
And, it could be one of your biggest sources of affiliate sales.
Examples of High-converting Resources Pages
Smart Passive Income's Resources Page works because he lists his top recommendations at the top where users are likely to click-through and breaks them all into categories.
Matthew Woodward's Tools of the Trade page works because he breaks it down into categories and has checkmarks beside each one he recommends.
Why does this page work so much?
The reason why the Resources page works so well is because your readers will want to know what tools you're using. They want to know what tools are helping you achieve success so that they can, too.
How do you create your own high-converting resources page?
Here's what to do:
1. Login to your wp-admin panel, click the "add new page" link, and then enter "Resources" into the title area.
2. Make a list of categories and wrap them in an h2 or h3 tag. Make sure you've got your top recommendations at the top.
3. Fill out your categories with the names of all the resources you use or have used in the past that have served you well.
4. Summarize, in a few sentences, what the product is and how it has helped you.
5. Download the logos of all the products (or product owners) on your list and upload them to your resources page.
Tip #1: You don't really have to get the logos of all of them. Your top recommendations' logos are fine.
Tip #2: Try to keep your images in the same width. That way it'll look better.
Tip #3: Run all your images in an image compression tool for better site performance (speed). TinyPNG is the best.
Tip #4: Use the align right/left feature in WordPress for your images to make it look better.
6. Write up a short introduction. A 3 to 6-sentence intro is good.
7. [Very important] Write up an affiliate disclaimer at the top of the page (before or after your introduction).
8. Proofread, edit, and publish!
Now you can add the resources page in your main menu.
Affiliate marketing for bloggers can be a great way to make some extra cash. It can even earn you a full-time income, depending on the products you promote and their commission rates.
But all in all, becoming an affiliate of someone's product or service is net you some good money.
And with the 3 strategies I showed you above, you'll be well on your way to making some of that affiliate money.
If you have any questions or comments, leave it in the comments below.
And don't forget to share this with your people! :)